Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Project 1: Finished Pictograms

Here are my completed pictograms, my first project in illustrator.
these are my small black and white examples. the common theme for all three are types of engineering.
The first icon represents mechanical engineering, i chose to use an abstracted gear. I chose gears because they have a broad use in the mechanical engineering field and gave an interesting pictogram.
I did two colored icons because the first is a little prettier to look at but can get confusing with the pattern print.
the second icon is used for nuclear engineering, it is an abstracted atom. The atom is the bases of nuclear engineering.
Civil engineering was the third icon which i chose to represent with a bridge. A large portion of civil engineering incorporates transportation systems and bridges are an iconic symbol of that. the inspiration of this bridge is the Golden Gate bridge in San Francisco.

No comments:

Post a Comment